Thursday, February 24, 2011

ADVERTISING BREAK 2

My Childhood's been ruined. When I was a kid, this advert was massive. Really massive. Note how well it's actually performed, a little story with a happy ending to boot in 50 flipping seconds!



The name J.R. Hartley thus became embedded in the nation's subconciousness, or mine at least. I'm pretty sure most Brits of a certain age would be familiar with it. It even inspired comic sketches, viz:



And then my mate Ed tonight drew my attention to this. I have nothing else to say, except perhaps I hate 'trendy' modern advertisers.
And bad acting.
And the French   #irrelevant

6 comments:

soupemes said...

I'm with you all the way.

I used to love that JR Hartley advert :)

fwengebola said...

It's so much better produced than that new one.

Dandelion said...

Sorry, #french, what? Did I miss something?

Cleavers said...

I'm traumatised. Why can't they leave the good stuff alone. I may need to go and have a cup of tea.

livesbythewoods said...

Oh, I don't know. I rather like the new one.

Would have been better if Mr JR Hartley had been sat in the corner of the room, happily reading his fly fishing book as his feckless son tried to find his shite music online, though.

fwengebola said...

Dand ~ I was being completely irrelevant. Sorry.
Cleave ~ Crack cures all ills.
LBTW ~ I think the actor may be dead :(