Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Long Slog

So another week passes and I'm back on the wagon; five more days cycling in, five more days swimming.

I'm finally back in the 14 stone zone which is beautiful as I was nudging 16 in the Spring. I hope to keep this up, although I'm starting to wane.

I'm waning because this Friday was spent in the pub, followed by a Saturday of less that perfect health. It's now Sunday evening, (post pub again, post-three pints of Bombardier and sausage and mash), but I needed to see my friends, including a heavily pregnant Natalie whose shotgun marriage to Phil I missed because I was wandering around Prague.

And I've been smoking. Granted, I didn't smoke during the week, but only at the weekend when ensconced in said pubs. And since I've been smoking, a strange thing has happened - It's made me able to continue writing my Shit Book, something I wasn't interested in when trying the Diet from Hell. It's as if I'm incapable of dieting, quitting smoking, and writing at the same time. Something had to give and in this case, it's been hitting the fags again just so I can write.

Very unusual. Don't know what that means.

But everything else is plodding along in a remarkably dull way. All the attractive women on the dating websites still refuse to look at my new profile. I'm spending more money than I would like and my budgeting plans have gone tits up. But other than that, I can see a future somehow. Even though this has become one of those unnecessary What-I-had-for-lunch kinda posts, I think I may be on to something here.

Of course, I've now jinxed everything by writing that. The crack pipe beckons.

12 comments:

Dom said...

Perhaps it's the constant thinking 'I need a cigarette' when you're not smoking that makes it hard to write, or maybe you feel the need to slowly commit suicide in order to get the creative juices flowing. Whatever works for you, I just wanna read this book :)

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

My friend I was out to lunch with yesterday is joining a dating website this week. She's ginger too. So, y'know, wink wink and all that...isn't winking what you do on these things? Or prod? Or is it more of a hearty shove?

Z said...

Damn you Fweng. Now I want beer and it's the middle of Monday morning. And I should be working anyway.

Anyway. I'd buy your shit book. Written with or without the malign influence of fag ash.

Anonymous said...

You'd better come up with some presents, or I'm going to go off explorers completely!

Clarissa said...

Nothing like a crack pipe on a Sunday evening. xxx

Anonymous said...

Piers Morgan is a knob.

fwengebola said...

Dom ~ Hmm, but you reading it means I finish it (major miracle) and it gets published (God is proven to exist).
But thanks. I'm going to have a fag.
PDEWYMO ~ Can gingers and slightly less gingers co-exist? The babies will be translucent.
Z ~ Beer on Monday am? I'd say that's a problem. And again, thank you for wanting to read it, but babysteps. Nowhere near finished.
Anon ~ Ma'am?
Clar ~ Or indeed on any evening.
Anon ~ Uh, yeah, I guess.

Z said...

I didn't actually have any. Obviously. Pfft.

fwengebola said...

Probably a good thing.

Ah, the joys of being alone in the office.

Z said...

Hey, it's Friday. They haven't bought you body and soul.

I've only just got to my office (I've been interviewing teachers) and haven't even checked business emails yet. The joys of being self employed and quite relaxed about it.

daisyfae said...

you're approaching "the balance point". my goal is to get my weight down to my target (~25 more pounds to go), then be "good" Monday-Friday and "carnal" all weekend... the net caloric balance (especially if drunken dancing, screwing, or other physical activities take place during "carnal") should work out...

soldier on, fwengebola!

fwengebola said...

Z ~ That it sooo annoying, as evidenced by me being too busy to reply for three days.
df ~ I don't think a blowout w/e helps. I think better to encapsulate said binge into as small a timeframe as possible, such as Saturday afternoon onwardzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.