Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Some Things

I am...

1 ~ Shattered. This is because I don't bother going to bed until I can feel my internal organs collapsing through sheer exhaustion, right now being a case in point.

2 ~ Astonished that today my London Paper post came in at 100% More, 0% Bore. I've never seen that before. Mind you, only a couple of people might have voted.
Yes, one of them was me.
Pathetic.

3 ~ Ecstatic, because I've discovered that you can make MP3s from Youtube. Have you seen how many Old School (correct spelling) house tunes are on there??? Oh, and this beautiful tune from Nick Cave, of whose poetic warblings I'd rather pour molten lava into my ears lest I caught a note. That track's pretty good, mind.

4 ~ Going to bed. But not before posting a clip of the British Army on acid....



Goodnight.

8 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

War would be much cooler if acid was compulsory for all involved.

Trixie said...

So what does the 'more' mean? You get to be be published more?

Carnalis said...

congratulations .. be bored more often, submit again.

Love the tune (and the hairiness)

Andrew said...

Nick Cave is a bit of a legend. A man at the forefront of alternative music pretending he is from the 70's. His moustache reminds me of my dad's facial hair. Old aussie bloke chic. It's hard to believe Nick Cave is 50.

Andrew said...

Oh yeah, that guy playing guitar makes my skin tingle, the guitar playing, not the guy...

Huw said...

Yeah, you owe me £49.50 for those texts.

Dom said...

You've just got to love the matter of fact way that old Auntie presents the facts that 'taking acid while going to war causes the troops to function at less than peak performance'. Next up a video of why 'Little Jonny shouldn't do heroin at school'.

fwengebola said...

Ang ~ Yes, and potentially quite scary. The only positive to a bad trip is that it's all in your head and that reality's only a snooze away. Try telling yourself that in a warzone.
Trixie ~ I think it means absolutely bugger all about anything, except for the small pickings the paper gets for you texting their line.
Car ~ Will try to. Must admit was less inclined to care about the hair that I did the music, but then I've seen those pictures on your blog.
Andrew ~ Nick Cave is 50??? Feckin' hell.
Andrew ~ I appreciate the clarification.
Huw ~ Post's in the Czech.
Dom ~ I just love the Received Pronunciation and absolute lack of humour about a man going to feed the birds.