Thursday, August 21, 2008

One Of The Best

Ok, enough of all this needless miserable introspection. Sticking up that N*E*R*D tune in my last post and getting replies along the lines of "Pffft" made me think I ought to redress the balance. Maybe. So here's my One Of The Bests of several of my favourite musical genres. Yay. And it's Friday. Woo.

ONE OF THE BEST
Boogie-Woogie stroke Music to set fire to your car to tunes....


ONE OF THE BEST
Classic House tunes. Ahh, the memories....


ONE OF THE BEST
Classical stroke Patriotic British flag-waving nonsense....


ONE OF THE BEST
Eighties One Hit Wonders....


ONE OF THE BEST
Positive-Rock tunes by an ageing rock god. Grrr....


ONE OF THE BEST
Frummers doing reggae....


ONE OF THE BEST
Samba tunes? I dunno what the genre is. It's just beautiful...


THE BEST
House Tune Of All Time, BT's Spirit of Grace remix of Not Over Yet by Grace. Sadly, this version starts a good couple of minutes into this 12 minute epic, but you'll hear enough to get the jist...


ONE OF THE BEST
Covers. Goldfrapp does her version of the above. The Klaxons can keep theirs...



I'd better stop. I could go on quite literally forever and make this my job.

Have good weekends, one and all, and please let me know your thoughts. I'm genuinely intrigued. I don't think I've ever mentioned my all-encompassing love of music, but anyway...

4 comments:

JamieSmitten said...

"Frustrated, Degraded..." I never would have thought that Paul Stanley could sum up my feelings after listening to your Best of music selections. We will never get our cds mixed up.

Shagme said...

What is cool is playing a few together. I just mixed it up.

Innit x

p.s. said...

'mess around sally'. Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I laugh everytime :-)

fwengebola said...

JS ~ I seeeee. Something tells me I's better not reprise this post with more songs. It'll be worse.
Shagme ~ Shagme? Do I know you? Are you a male friend 'aving a larf? Godknows why they would all sound good together though.