Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Breakdown

I'm in stasis; limbo; purgatory.

We've got a new guy at work, doing two days a week. He's there because I'm leaving, apparently. I'm not looking for work, because I'm trying to write a book, but I'm not writing a book because my muse has buggered off, so I'm keeping my head down hoping that Everything Will All Work Out In The End™.

Nothing's changed. But I am off to Barcelona on Friday for a huge stag (number IV by my reckoning) - one that I've arranged as oxymoronic Best Man.

I am a little stressed, and I have no reason to be...

which is also making me stressed.

Twat.

9 comments:

Peach said...

I need to add to your trademarked hope:

It will all work out in the end... and if it doesn't work out, it's not the end...

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

So whats the plan when you're jobless, muse-less and book-less? An arm chair and a beer?

Clarissa said...

I'll buy you a beer. And it would be fun to have Jo and Peach in the pub too.

Anonymous said...

ppuqeq, now, what kind of word verification is that?

Vi said...

It WILL work out in the end. Just stay positive!

marianne said...

You have no reason to be stressed?

hahahahahahahah

It really will be fine. Promise. Hope Barcelona was great.

luna said...

Bah,just go wait on punters in a tapas bar for tourists in Barcelona.Ole.La vida loca.Problems solved.

Will said...

ANOTHER stag do? That's, er, staggering.

fwengebola said...

Peach ~ Yes, that's excellent. You're right, dammit!
PDEWYMO ~ That sounds pretty good, actually.
Clarissa ~ You're on. Although I've forsworn alcohol for the near future.
Anon ~ You came in to say that?
Vi ~ Positive. Positive. Ugh, it's sooo not me.
Marianne ~ Great. Thanks. And Barcelona nearly killed me. Certainly bankrupted me.
Luna ~ I'm never going back there again. A hive of scum and villainy.
Will ~ Please make it stop. I've got another one in June.