Fucking hell, I've been in limbo for a while and have lost track of time. And days. And I can no longer go to bed before 4am. Plus I am physically sick of Ferrero Rochers and television and I've now eaten myself into a fine pair of tits. Suffice to say, although I'm not looking forward to going back to work, I'm not going to begrudge the diet and exercise I'll be forcing myself through during January.
I've just realised that NYE's tomorrow and I don't have anything planned. None of my friends do. Plus, Steve, my old mate from when I was 5 and who got back in touch with me recently, is planning to leave his wife and kids (for the evening) and head down to London to meet up. Oh, and my ex-girlfriend is in the pit of despair and awkwardness as she's right this minute being escorted around London with her current English-But-Works-In-New-York boyfriend. She called me earlier to say she'd like to book a later flight home so she can spend the New Year with me, but she can't leave her guy and I didn't know what to tell her.
Bloody hell. Someone's going to get awfully hurt here. (More guilt please, waiter.)
So apropros of nothing, in order of do-ability and wantingness and likelihood combined, here's my
Lucky Seven Resolutions for 2007
1) ~ Quit smoking once and for all.
2) ~ Get back to cycling, swimming and boxing, and get on a proper diet (that doesn't include Pringles and chocolate) and shed those last few pounds to become leaner, muscular and blah blah blah. Consider joining a gym that I can feel guilty about not visiting that often.
3) ~ Quit my job for something that a) pays better and b) Is more creative and perhaps includes writing stuff n' that.
4) ~ Finish those creative endeavours I'd started a few years ago, and try selling them. Or at least putting them about and soliciting opinions, and not giving up when Hippy Dave tells me it's rubbish. (Or just don't fucking show them to Dave.)
5) ~ Either have lots and lots of random anonymous sex, or else settle down with a nice ladyperson for lots of knowing sex, until we both get used to each other and stop doing it as much and it all becomes routine. If that turns out to be my American ladyfriend and we can solve the problem that is the yawning chasm of the Atlantic Ocean, then great. If not, then try not to hurt her.
6) ~ Try getting work in New York, thus fulfilling resolutions 3 and 5 at a stroke.
7) ~ Be a less regretful and guilty whinging bastard, and become a more happy and positive whinging bastard.
So what are yours????