Sunday, December 17, 2006

Dammit x 2

1) I've just nipped in to the kosher dating website I'm affiliated with and there's a really quite stunningly astronomical girl who's just checked out my profile. And what's more, her profile is fantastic; she's well read, intelligent, liberal.

Oh, and American and living in Philadelphia. Why are all the good ones 4,000 miles away?

2) Well there goes my weekend. Yet another Overdoing it on a Friday Night only to necessitate two days recuperation (which included watching Family Guy and Peep Show on dvd - I love doing something constructive in my downtime), so I'm heading off for an early night.

Too bad the fluffy-chinned South American downstairs has chosen right now to blast out Wham! hits and - what's that? - Gloria Gaynor's I Will Survive?

Oh, spiffing.

6 comments:

Shoshana said...

America can't help it - all the cool chicks just like to live here ;)

la fille mariƩe said...

Shosh is right, and of course, the rest live in Canada.

Perhaps you should just move to North America. Then you'll have the whole English accent thing going for you as well.

Shoshana said...

Oh, excellent point. American chicks do really go for the British accent - you would have it made.

fwengebola said...

Hmmm. I like meeting people. Normally. And I do a lot of chatting when I'm in bars. Dare I emigrate?

Ah, who am I kidding? I've already looked into it. Outside the EU, most countries aren't that keen on Brits turning up and saying 'Hello, I'd like a job a local could do but I'll do instead.'

luna said...

Dare, dare, DARE !

Haven't you ordered the true story book by Susan Schlosberg "1001 nights without sex" yet for your lonely Xmas?

And no I'm not being sarky, it has a really happy ending where the bicycling writing (Jewish) girl gets married with...a redhead geek!
Who sweats a lot and has to refresh in the men's room!
And guess how they met?
Well, match.com obviously.

Fairytales do come true in ***America *** (sigh)

As for the job, you could write sacastic postcards for the Guardian and later publish them into a best selling British humor paperback a la Jon Ronson.

Wait I have an even brillianter idea: go to America and write a book on your wife seeking odyssey,just like Susan did!
With your pic on the back cover.

P.S. Are you a Gemini?

fwengebola said...

Right, I'm getting that book. Sounds like fun. Not that I care about cycling jews (except me, natch).

And if any Guardian editors are out there, give me a fucking job.

There. That should do it.