Monday, November 06, 2006

Today Is The Beginning Of The Rest Of ... etc

I'm not sure if this is yet another phase, or if I've finally got a handle on my damn life. I feel alright, but the real test is if I can stay the course, or at least until the end of the year.

Today - a Monday no less - was good. I got up early despite not much sleep, and felt ok. I cycled to work and went for a swim. I was fairly cheerful all day. I had just one tea with sugar and didn't swear at anyone (at least not to their face). This afternoon, I booked an induction into some nearby Shitkicking event, a mixture of Tai Kwan Do, Kickboxing, and streetfighting apparently which, admittedly, sounds like nonsense. It's £10 a pop so I'll have to stop smoking. That won't be fun.

I'm doing sit-ups and weights in the mornings (ok, so I only started today, but it's a step in the right direction).

Tomorrow I'm half-planning to see Borat. Thursday is quiz night. On Saturday, I'm getting dressed up for Russell's birthday (Maybe I should buy a new shirt?) and then I will attempt a casual conversation and perchance have intercourse with a member of the opposite sex.
Must... Enjoy... Single... Life....

Ugh.

Ok, it's a bit of a leap of faith from summoning up the courage to talk to someone in a bar to having filthy reckless sex with full abandon (although this will probably end up being with my right hand - again) but I have to stay positive.

Yes, I am aware just how sad this all sounds.
If I don't get so much as a snog on Saturday, I'm off to a Monastery to Monk it.

2 comments:

Shoshana said...

Sounds like you are on your way to getting buff, which is always an important step to getting lucky.

fwengebola said...

Yes, buff is good. But I don't think two pints and a few cigarettes will help. (Although it seemed to in my teenage years.)